The mountain and monastery of Montserrat is surely one of the most beautiful destinations to visit in Catalonia. Here you can book a private, approx. 5-hour long tour with English-speaking guide. You will be picked up directly at your hotel for this unforgettable trip.
This is also ideal as a departure event: we will take you straight to the airport or your ship after the trip.
The journey takes you from your hotel in Barcelona along a beautiful mountain path to the monastery of Montserrat, with a unique and unforgettable panoramic view.
The Montserrat mountain range lies approx. 45 km north-west of Barcelona. From the Santa Maria de Montserrat Benedictine monastery – one of the most important places of pilgrimage in Spain – you can enjoy the fantastic view of the natural landscape. The museum within the monastery houses a large collection of works from important artists, such as Dalí, El Greco, Monet or Giordano. After the museum you can take the cable car further up to the top and enjoy a breath-taking view of the surrounding area from the summit station.
Services included in the private Montserrat trip
- Private tour with English-speaking driver/guide (the guide is also the driver in a taxi, saloon car)
- Date and time are freely selectable (recommendation: 9:00, not after 12:00) (not on 1 January or 25 and 26 December)
- Pickup from your hotel in Barcelona's city area
- Depending on the size of your group, the tour will be in a comfortable taxi, people carrier, minibus, midibus or coach
- Not included: catering and admission, cable car fare to the summit, guided tour on site
- We will take you back to your hotel or, if you wish, straight to the airport or port
- Journey to the Montserrat monastery along the picturesque streets with breath-taking view
- Our guide will show you the sights of the monastery (no guided tour) or you will have free time
- Visit to the museum
- Visit to the Holy Mare de Déu, the Holy Madonna in the church
- Lunch in the panorama restaurant
- Journey with the Funicular de Sant Joan cable car to the back of the mountain
- Return trip with short stop at the Santa Cecilia de Montserrat monastery (depending on available time)
- La Escolania de Montserrat children’s choir (12:00)
Admissions and lunch are not included.
- Waiting time to view the sculpture of the Mare de Déu often takes longer than an hour. In this case, you must decide if you prefer to see the Virgin of Montserrat or other sights around the monastery.
- The Escolania de Montserrat boys’ choir does not sing on Saturdays, some bank holidays or when they are on tour.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes.
- Online booking is quite simple: select the vehicle, your preferred date, the pickup time and your hotel in Barcelona, then click "Add to cart"
- Booking at least 7 days in advance. Please contact us if you require a booking at shorter notice
- After your payment we will confirm the receipt of your booking and within 48 hours you will receive the binding booking confirmation
- Our General Conditions of Carriage apply
- You will receive a full refund for a cancellation up to 7 days before confirmed date
- Up to 3 days before the confirmed date 50% will be refunded
- No refund is made for later cancellations or failure to appear
- Please note that we are not liable for bad weather or a punctual return or punctual arrival at the airport or port